The Social Worker will report to and be under the supervision of the Executive Director and will provide referrals for social services as may be needed by the residents of the community. The Social Worker will assist in ensuring that the community complies with all social service standards as set forth under the DC EPD waiver program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Social Worker will, assist with the Nursing Department in the development of a comprehensive service plan for each resident, addressing individual needs.
• Assist residents in identifying and securing appropriate services and assistance from supports to supplemental services funded by the state and federal government.
• Initiate and implement the individual service plan of residents and coordinate appropriate services.
• Monitor the needs of individual residents and their service plans in compliance with EPD guidelines in order to assure the maximum benefit to the resident and the cost-effectiveness of the service plan.
• Participate as requested in team meetings to share information about client status and to facilitate proper delivery of services to the resident.
• Act as a liaison between residents their families and the management and staff of the community as needed.
• Maintain timely telephone contact with health and social related agencies and institutions.
• Complete or assist with the completion of all documentation as may be required from time to time by the accrediting body, EPD program and any other regulatory agencies.
• Identify problems and concerns of residents and to provide feasible and appropriate recommendations to address such concerns.
• Maintain knowledge of all programs and regulations which affect admissions and discharge procedures.
• Interview prospective residents and their families to obtain social histories as indicated.
• Refer residents and/or their families to appropriate social service agencies when The Residences at Kensington Park does not or cannot provide services to meet the needs of the resident. Communicate same to EPD Social worker.
• Coordinate discharge planning, development and implementation of social care plans and resident assessments.
• Arrange alternate placements for residents who must leave the assisted living setting with the social worker from EPD as needed.
• Provide assistance to the Marketing Director in supporting the community education and public relations efforts of the community.
• Assist any or all of the departments of the community in the development and maintenance of appropriate social policies and procedures.
• Maintain the confidentiality of all resident information.
• Accept other duties and special projects as may be assigned.
• A LSW, LICSW, MSW, BSW. LPN, RN or degree in social work or related field from an accredited college, and a minimum of two years’ experience in working with elders may be considered in lieu of an advanced degree.
• Previous experience working with elders in a community setting.
• Social Worker must have strong clinical skills and demonstrate an ability to provide a safe and quality environment as well as a capacity for furnishing emotional and psychological support for the residents.
• Must demonstrate an ability to express ideas clearly and concisely both in verbal and written form.
• Must be able to demonstrate an ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with residents, staff and community agencies and groups.
• Must possess and demonstrate an ability to work independently and to solve problems creatively.
• Maintain a current working knowledge of regulations pertaining to the residents in the EPD waiver Program and provide timely completion, updating and maintenance of a comprehensive case record for each resident.
Benefits: Full time position offers a competitive benefit program to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Short-Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Home and Auto Discount program, Vendor Discount Program, 401(k) with matching contribution, Accrued Vacation, Sick, and Personal time and Paid Holiday Benefit. Employee referral bonus, and resident referral bonus.
employment type: full-time
job title: Social Worker for Assisted Living Community