Residential Support Specialist:
Provide support to persons residing in a Mental Health Residential Facility. This staff participates in the daily routine of the home, and provides support for community and home care, and other activities as outlined in the Plan of Care/ Person Centered Plan/ Individualized Support Plan.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists residents with daily activities, personal care, home care and maintenance.
2. Participates in implementation of person-centered plan under guidance from Directors. (some games with residents during down time in home).
3. Provides direct assistance to build socialization, behavior management skills, and daily/community living skills.
4. Provides direct assistance to promote adaptive skill learning, community inclusion, and development of leisure time interests/activities.
5. Maintains documentation, progress notes, and other data as needed.
6. Communicates with other staff and supervisor on progress, needs, concerns and changes related to residents being supported.
7. Responds to individual safety needs, including reporting significant changes in behavior and health.
8. Provides high quality customer service, serving as a positive representative for the agency with other professionals, families, and the community at large.
9. Performs housekeeping duties as assigned.
10. Prepares meals in accordance with individual dietary needs and preferences, ensuring residents are included in meal preparation per the care plan.
11. Completes medication management activities including assisting residents to take medication, educating residents about medication, correct and timely documentation of medication administration and any incidents related to medication. (depending on scheduling).
12. Demonstrates on a daily basis, a team player mentality, working collaboratively with internal and external team members to ensure residents supported receive most appropriate level of care and that health and safety and rights are maintained to the highest level possible.
13. Completes all documentation as required in a timely manner.
14. Attends regular group or individual supervision as required.
15. Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities, including staff meetings.
16. Maintains regular attendance and punctuality and follows all policies and procedures regarding time off.
17. Follows all MHCRF (Mental Health Community Residential Facility) Policies and Procedures.
18. Demonstrates valued behaviors of accountability, commitment and caring as appropriate to position.
19. Completes required training within prescribed time frames.
20. Performs related duties as requested.
• High School diploma or equivalent appropriately accredited by the appropriate state department of education.
• Must have up to date Food Management Certification.
• Must be able to pass a FBI background check.
• Must be able to pass a Nurse Aide Registry background check.
• Must have reliable transportation.
We will train you on:
• Mental Health 101
• Medication Management 101
• HIPAA and its importance to protect individuals’ medical records and other personal health information.
• CPR/First Aid
• Emergency Evacuation Plans
• Fire Extinguisher Training (PASS) & Fire Drill Practices
Days & Hours Offered:
Most of the position hours are on-call. We will always contact you 2 hours before any shift. Again these hours are on-call hours. Potential for a Part-Time schedule can be discussed based on experience and need. Here are the shifts available:
Mondays and/or Wednesdays and/or Fridays 10:00am – 4:00pm and/or Saturdays 10:00am – 9:00pm.
How to apply:
Please email us your resume via the Craigslist email provided email. We will contact you directly if considered for an interview.
Facility is based in Metropolitan Washington DC area only. Metro, Taxi & Uber/Lyft accessible.
compensation: $16.10/per hour – Paid Weekly via direct deposit
employment type: part-time
job title: Resident Support Specialist