The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution is seeking an On-call/contingent security/events professional to join the Security Department.
We are looking for a dedicated security officer to ensure the safety and security of our premises, assets, staff, and visitors. The security officer’s responsibilities include patrolling the premises, monitoring property access, investigating suspicious behavior, and enforcing company policies.
To be successful as a security officer you should be highly observant and able to objectively assess the severity of a situation. An outstanding security officer should be able to remain calm and decisive in any situation.
Our on-call/as needed security staff are required to work at least 16 hours per month on weekend nights. This schedule will include nights, such as 4:00 pm – midnight shifts, and weekends. Opportunities will be available for other shifts as needed.
• Greeting visitors and issuing visitor passes
• Monitoring surveillance cameras and reporting suspicious behavior.
• Monitoring public access and ensuring the security of all personnel and visitors.
• Ensuring safety and security protocols are followed
• Responding to emergencies and ensuring that all protocols are followed.
• Inspecting and patrolling premises regularly.
• Opening and closing of the building complex.
• Security experience, preferably in a museum or office building environment.
• Be able to obtain certification through the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA), in cooperation
with the Security Officers Management Branch (SOMB), and maintain license.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Exceptional ability to work with the public in a highly professional and customer service friendly manner.
• Ability to follow safety and security protocols and respond quickly to emergency situations and make initial
assessments of situations using tact, diplomacy and good judgment.
Please submit your cover letter and resume using this link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/dar/jobs/2394394-406237
compensation: Up to $18.00/hour
employment type: part-time
job title: on-call / as-needed Security Officer