IT Assistant will assist the IT Director and Systems Administrator with the support of our growing staff of approximately 80 employees and sub-consultants, in accordance with our established policies and procedures.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• First point of contact for Tier 1 and Tier 2 help desk support issues.
• Configure and maintain PCs and laptop inventory.
• Installation of IT approved hardware and software on end user laptops.
• Assist with database creations and maintenance (SQL based) via Remote Desktop Connection.
• Assist with integrating and implementing a variety of software and driver updates.
• Assist in diagnosing network and equipment malfunctions and take corrective action involving hardware and software issues for laptops, printers, etc.
• Communicate and document actions taken in online helpdesk portal.
• Troubleshoot and correct issues with software including Microsoft’s 365 suite of software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams).
• Research user reported email phishing suspicions.
• Work with employees and their clients on uploads and downloads of client data using a variety of tools and technology.
• Manage data archiving, as needed.
• Work closely with the IT team on special projects.
• Provide face-to-face and remote IT support.
Must be able to work on-site in Woodbridge, VA, Monday thru Friday, 9am to 6pm
• Must be reliable and punctual.
• Must exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills to include non-technical colleagues. Must possess the
ability to speak, read, and write fluent English.
• Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and manage workload independently.
• Must have proven ability to problem-solve.
• Must be knowledgeable of Microsoft Office products and Windows 10 in a domain environment.
• Must have prior experience with installation and configuration of software and hardware.
• Some experience with SQL, OneNote, SharePoint and Adobe Creative Suite are a plus, but not required.
• Must be authorized to work in the USA.
• Must be able to occasionally work evenings and weekends (overtime pay) if needed.
• Associate degree in Information Systems or Business Administration, IT certifications, or equivalent experience required.
compensation: 45,000.00 to 55,000.00 Commensurate with Experience
employment type: full-time
job title: IT Assistant
4330 Prince William Parkway near Old Bridge