Portland-based restaurant group, Submarine Hospitality (Tusk, Ava Gene’s, The Woodsman Tavern, and Cicoria), is seeking a remarkable individual for this remarkable opportunity to work within one of the nation’s most acclaimed restaurant groups created by James Beard award-winning Chef and Author, Joshua McFadden – with more locations and concepts coming soon! This Executive Chef position would oversee all culinary operations for Ava Gene’s and Cicoria.
Submarine Hospitality’s mission is to „use inward and outward hospitality to serve our team, our guests, and our community—to be a model of equitable business. We are aiming to create a hospitality industry that serves team members, guests, and the community equally. Outward hospitality is what we provide anyone who comes in our doors. Inward hospitality is how we serve our team members and take care of ourselves.“
We are seeking an Executive Chef with not only high restaurant IQ, but a highly in tune EQ as well. See below for specific summary of qualifications the ideal candidate will possess:
- Possess a minimum of 5-7+ years of experience in a high-volume scratch, chef-driven, kitchen with at least 3 years in a supervisory kitchen role managing and leading BOH teams required.
- Ability to lift 40lbs. and stand for extended periods of time (8+ hours, excluding breaks).
- Ability to read and speak English at intermediate level.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Ability to perform basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) without the use of a calculator.
- Possess a proficiency with Microsoft Word or Google Docs and Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Possess a valid local Food Handlers Card or capable of obtaining one.
- Ability to manage multiple demands and meet deadlines in a detailed and organized manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate through excellent interpersonal skills and expressed in a clear and kind manner.
- Ability to manage communications and working relationships between all departments within the restaurant and beyond.
- Possess high integrity and open mindedness.
- Possess a highly level of self-motivation with an inquiring mind and passion for excellence.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as determined by business needs.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume in PDF format and date available to begin working. This position is available now and we’re excited to hear from you!
Submarine Hospitality is proud to be an EOE.
compensation: Compensation includes a very competitive salary, full benefits, bonus structure, 401k, competitor dining stipend, cell phone allowance, PTO, and relocation assistance. Details and full job description made available during the job interview process.
employment type: full-time
job title: Executive Chef