Portland-based restaurant group, Submarine Hospitality (Tusk, Ava Gene’s, The Woodsman Tavern, and Cicoria), is seeking a remarkable individual for this remarkable opportunity to be at the helm of one of the nation’s most acclaimed restaurant groups created by James Beard award-winning Chef and Author, Joshua McFadden – with more locations and concepts coming soon!
Submarine Hospitality’s mission is to „use inward and outward hospitality to serve our team, our guests, and our community—to be a model of equitable business. We are aiming to create a hospitality industry that serves team members, guests, and the community equally. Outward hospitality is what we provide anyone who comes in our doors. Inward hospitality is how we serve our team members and take care of ourselves.“
We are seeking a Director of Operations with not only high restaurant IQ, but a highly in tune EQ as well. See below for specific summary of qualifications the ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a director-level roll overseeing all operations
of a successful restaurant organization with a minimum of 2 concepts and a combined minimum revenue of $15MM/yr+ revenue in a major US restaurant market.
- Possess a combined 10+ years’ experience in the restaurant industry (at all levels).
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to read and write English at an advanced level, Spanish language aptitude is a plus
- Experience working in a seafood restaurant is a plus.
- Advanced understanding and use of all Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), experience with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator a plus.
- A track record of professional success, career growth, and people development.
- Comfortable making challenging and/or uncomfortable decisions.
- Skilled in conducting effective meetings and maintaining communication lines between all departments and levels of leadership.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- A critical thinker who is proficient in problem analysis and solving.
- A genuine passion for the hospitality industry and ability to positively influence the workplace with an upbeat and inspirational attitude is a must.
- Well-versed on current dining trends and key players in market as well as other major markets through the US.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business management or hospitality a plus.
- Additional, non-operational, experience within the hospitality industry a plus.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume in PDF format and date available to begin working. This position is available now and we’re excited to hear from you!
Submarine Hospitality is proud to be an EOE.
compensation: Competetive Salary ($150-$175k annual), full benefits, bonus structure, 401k, competitor dining stipend, cell phone allowance, PTO, and relocation assistance. Details and full job description made available during the job interview process.
employment type: full-time
job title: Director of Operations