Colao & Peter, Luxury Outdoor Living is looking for a Procurement and Logistics Coordinator to help order and manage our projects. We are one of Washington DCs top landscape architecture design/build firms and pool builders focusing in on ultra high luxury residential market. We have very exciting highly detailed projects that the procurement coordinator will help ensure are properly supplied, ensuring for a smooth project flow. The position will also include being a facilities manager and be a field staff liaison.
A full list of responsibilities will include:
– Onboard new employees: making sure all paperwork is complete and uniforms are received.
– Coordinate with management team and the crews in the morning to make sure all crews are properly loaded, and help sort through any potential labor issues (crew absences, late, etc.)
– Coach and motivate the crew members and fellow employees in a positive manner.
– Review job progress with project managers on weekly basis, to assure all materials arrive as needed.
– Communicate thoroughly and effectively with management any resource and material requirements in a timely manner to ensure the productivity and workflow of projects is not adversely affected.
– Keep the inventory system up to date and assure that materials are ordered as necessary to maintain the appropriate stock.
– Oversee the yard to assure that it is properly maintained
– Manage the “runner” (the delivery driver that we have), to assure that materials and equipment is being allocated as necessary.
– Preemptively identify potential problems and offer possible solutions to the team on product(material) and quality related issues.
– Ensure the safety of all personnel on site (including subcontractors) and follow company policy regarding illnesses or accidents on site.
– Put together and lead safety weekly safety meetings
– Communicate with management on needed repairs, breakdowns, and safety concerns of all small and heavy equipment, as well as trucks.
– Organize the appointments and delivery of any trucks or equipment in need of repairs, with the appropriate mechanic.
– Responsible for assigned tools and equipment. Document breakages and losses to so items can be documented/repaired/replaced in a timely manner.
– Organize tools, equipment, and stock materials in the yard to assure that everything is properly stocked and ready to be used.
– Assist Project Managers and Operations as necessary to help streamline production on a macro level.
– Help with management of Gantt Charts & Mange 360 systems, as necessary in coordination with the Operations Coordinator.
– Continue training to cultivate and develop knowledge base on different facets of the industry
– Assure that all subs are set up with appropriate uniforms
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
Paid time off
compensation: $55,000 – $70,000
employment type: full-time
job title: Construction Procurement and Logistics Coordinator