At least 25 years of age
A valid commercial driver’s license, Class B with passenger endorsement and air brake
Minimum of three (3) years driving experience (commercial or private)
Able to move/lift up to 50 pounds
Good character and positive work history
– Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random alcohol and drug screens after employment
– Pass a pre-employment physical
– Dishonorable discharge and felony convictions will be reviewed by the hiring team
Good driving record
– No more than one (1) moving convictions/accidents in the past three (3) years. (Speeding, tailgating, improper passing, failure to yield, illegal turns, running a red light/stop sign are examples of moving violations)
– No license suspensions in the past ten years (suspensions for physicals, insurance lapses, failure to pay fine and failure to appear are exempt under the ten-year rule)
– No driving convictions related to alcohol or illegal drugs
Primary Job Responsibilities
An Operator drives the motor coach safely, arrives at pickup location at assigned times, drives to the point of destination in a safe manner according to the schedule, adheres to traffic laws and DOT regulations, follows proper procedures when arriving at a location, maintains awareness of driving conditions and scans environment for possible safety hazards.
She/he reviews the prior day’s Driver Vehicle Inspection Report and conducts a comprehensive pre-trip inspection and post-trip inspection of the motor coach to ensure safe operating conditions. She/he visually inspects the inside and outside of the motor coach and brake system following a checklist, documents mechanical malfunctions if unable to safely operate the vehicle, receives notification from mechanic of action to take, and determines if the motor coach is safe for operation.
As an operator, you will board and deboard passengers, provide passenger pre-trip safety announcements, and load passenger baggage into baggage compartment using proper lifting techniques.
As an operator, you enforce the rules of the motor coach; make determination of whether incidents on the motor coach require unscheduled stops or the notification of law enforcement and consider welfare of all passengers. You answer passenger questions and respond to requests for assistance. You provide positive customer service to passengers, act in a friendly and courteous manner and follow correct routes.
compensation: 350-450 / day
employment type: full-time
job title: BUS DRIVER